|September 2, 2014||Filled under Uncategorized, Weight Loss|
Hey there! Happy start to your week! I am resurrecting an old style of post, Thursday Thoughts, and moving it to Tuesdays. I used this type of post in the past for setting weekly healthy living goals and tracking my accomplishments. Actually back in the day that’s basically Kate Moving Forward was…a weekly sum up of my weight loss efforts, workouts and obstacles. I’m glad it’s much more now, but I wanted to re-start this habit again for myself.
But hopefully you will also get some inspiration and encouragement. We are all out here in the trenches trying to make fitness and healthy eating a permanent lifestyle change in a busy world filled with pumpkin glazed doughnuts and vanilla chip frappuccinos. :)
Goals for this Week
- Workout 5 times this week
- Curb late night snacking by addressing the actual issue (loneliness, boredom).
- Eat 6 fruits and veggies a day.
- Incorporating intuitive eating principle of honoring my hunger by eating when I’m hungry and listening to my satiety cues.
- Monthly goal of running a 5K continuously.
Obstacles to Goals
- I get stressed at night if Layla struggles with going down to sleep which leads me to snack when I’m not hungry. It’s hard to address all of her sleep stuff right now due to how her bedroom is set up, but I’m going to try to re-implement some sleep training stuff and really work at solidifying her bedtime routine for her, which makes a more peaceful evening for everyone.
- Making time to workout a priority. It has been going well the last couple weeks, but I still don’t feel like I 100% know when I’ll exercise. I may have to be okay with just rolling with the punches a bit because if Layla doesn’t sleep well then it throws things off. So having a plan A, B, C, and D when it comes to exercise.
- All or nothing philosophy. Reading Intuitive Eating is re-scripting my approach to food so I don’t expect it to all come to me at once, but at the same time I do, because I expect that of myself because I’m silly.
Workouts this Week
Tuesday: Strength train
Wednesdaay: Run (2.5 miles)
Thursday: Strength train
Friday: (Run 2 miles intervals)
So that’s what the week is looking like for me!
Do you plan your workouts in advance? Or set weekly goals?
Today is a Labor Day–a day to celebrate America’s working force. I’ve been working for awhile. And I’m thankful for each and every thing my work has taught me. So here’s a little taste of my working history and what I’ve learned along the way… Picking strawberries– taught me that there is nothing wrong with hard work. And begun an […] more
Hello! Happy Friday! Happy loong weekend! I’m excited for everyone else to have a long weekend, but Nate is basically still working his regular schedule and you know #momlife…there are no weekends. I just pray Layla sleeps soundly through the night. And pour the coffee. Workout Loves: Monday–Strength Circuit from YourTrainerPaige Tuesday– Walk Wednesday–Metabolic circuit workout Thursday–2.3 mile run Friday–I […] more
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by Foodie in partnership with Mode Media. It can be easy to fall into two categories when it comes to snacking the “boring apple and peanut butter camp” and the “eat everything in sight cause I’m so hungry RIGHT NOW”. I personally tend to be the latter. When I plan ahead, though, for snacks […] more
When I was in high school I worked at a fabulous place called The Quiet Corner. It’s a little oasis tucked inside a wood that serves tea, (there is nothing like their chia tea) lattes, quiche, sandwiches on thick, homemade bread, strawberry lemonade and some truly exemplary desserts. You can sit on rocking chairs, watch birds, and finish up your lunch […] more