It greatly pains me to write a baby update 2 whole days early…I like to hold on to each month until the last possible moment…Layla is still 9 months, until the 19th hits, but in order to keep with my recent Wednesday is family/baby day, I have decided that two days doesn’t really make a difference….(but in my heart this is still her 9 months and 29 days update ;)).
At 9 Months Layla…
- Is walking along things like the couch and can get around pretty well
- Is standing for longer and longer. I think her record is 6 seconds.
- Is giving kisses*
- Plays “high five”*
- Her naps are getting a little shorter; she still goes to bed between 7-8 pm and gets up between 7-8 am
- Is eating SO MUCH food. Whole bananas, parts of sandwiches, toast, black beans, cheerios, potatoes of any type, peaches, pears, yogurt, cheese. Her palate is expanding!
- Babbles mama and dada; is starting to say them more and more when she want us, but not always.
- Exploring her environment! She is a busy, busy lady
- The stairs…I think she likes them even more cause she isn’t allowed to play near them.
- Reading books to others and having them read to her. She just got a few new books for Christmas too so it is nice to some fresh reads on the bookshelf.
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star video. She loves it so much. It always makes her happy!
- Likes to have daddy run over her and come back
Layla doesn’t like…
- Long car rides
- When someone she loves leaves the room
- Barking dogs
- Having to wait for her food. Put her in the high chair it better be ready!
Firsts and other special things…
- First Thanksgiving at Grandpa and Grandma Millers
- First time standing on her own.
- First Christmas with the Miller family—she got a rocking chair, Noah’s ark, cloth book, board book, radio, Notre Dame outfit, and heart outfit.
- First Christmas with mommy and daddy!! We spoiled her like crazy but it was so fun and some of the stuff she needed, I swear. Daddy’s big present to her was a musical instrument drum set and mommy’s present to her was a talking picnic basket. (Amazon Affiliate links) She also got clothes, puzzles, books and a few other little toys. The thing she loved most was the bows. 🙂
We are so blessed by Layla’s life! She’s a spunky gal, loving, friendly and joyful. I love our little family!
P.S. I’m writing on my NEW Macbook Air! Nate normally does a theme for Christmas gifts and I think this year’s theme was “spoiled”. I’m feeling pretty “mac stupid” but I’m happy to be on the Mac train!