Hey! So I wanted to check in and let you know how my first week of Weight Watchers went! The bad news is that I ate Belgium waffles, apple cake, and pizza. The good news is that I planned for it, ate within my pointsplus budget and lost weight!
To me, that is the beauty of Weight Watchers (or any healthy eating weight loss plan) there is room for indulgences and meals out. I literally had been thinking about that Belgium waffle for days…it was soo good!
I think the biggest difference for me this week was watching my portions and mindless snacking. Those are two easy traps to get sucked into and I have been in them. I’m glad to be digging out!
Good Things from Last Week:
- I lost 3.8 pounds! Dang! I know the first week is generally the biggest drop, but it was still a very pleasant surprise!
- I got in 3 solid workouts last week, so not perfect, but still good.
- I ate lots of whole, healthy foods (along with a few treats!) and didn’t feel deprived at all!
Not So Good Things from Last Week:
- I didn’t get as many workouts in as I would have liked, but we had a great weekend with family, and that’s how it goes sometimes.
Goals for Next Week:
- Keep solid with my tracking and fueling with good food. Sometimes it is tempting to go for lighter “points” values and get lesser foods (aka fake sugars, the works), you know? But the choice is absolutely mine and I love that I can choose to spend my points on whole, unprocessed food.
- Get in 5 Workouts this week; two cardio, three strength!
- Plan ahead for meals out this weekend.
The topic of this week’s meeting was strategies for eating out. There were some good tips! It really made me think about my personal strategies for eating out and how I approach treats, etc….but another post for another day. I’ll leave you with a pic of this cutie, doing one of her favorite things…eating!
Have a great Wednesday!
How do you handle eating out? Go all out or try to stick to your healthy habits?