Well I am happy to report that I lost again this week! I am on a losing streak! (Hahahahaha! Oh gosh, I crack myself up.) So Weight Watchers Week 3 was a success and here are some specific things I did to work the plan and prepare for a great week next week!
What Went Well:
1. . I got in 15 activity points this week! New record! Last week I hit the gym as follows:
Thursday: Upper Body strength workout from HIIT It (<<affiliate link) by Fitnessista
Saturday: Lower Body strength workout from HIIT It by Fitnessista
Sunday: Run/Walk for 30 minutes
Monday: Upper body workout from HIIT It by Fitnessista plus bowling with friends
Tuesday: 20 Minute Turbojam (oldie but goodie!)
2. Drank so much water. I actually didn’t drink the gallon I set out to…that was just too much water. I was drowning. So I settled for 3 of my quart mason jars for approximately 100 ounces of water a day. Go me!
3. I tracked everyday no matter what and tried to track as I went instead of sitting down hours later and trying to remember.
4. I left 20 of my weekly points plus allowance “in the bank”. I often wonder how much people use or leave in “the bank” each week and how that plays into their success. So I thought I would write it down each week so I can look back on my progress with that in mind.
Goals for Next Week:
1. Continue drinking water at 3 quarts a day.
2. Switch to doing full body strength workouts 2-3 times a week; aim for 15+ activity points and 5 days of activity.
3. Be honest, as always, in my tracking.
Trouble Spots This Week:
Layla’s birthday party! It is going to be a cookie and hot chocolate bar so my goal is to give all the leftovers away. Otherwise I think I’ll be so busy at the party that food will be the least of my worries. #thiskidisintoeverything Keep your eyes peeled for some fun recipes from the party too! Also, isn’t this baby the cutest?! After getting all the frosting off the cake she just picked the whole thing up and started stuffing it in her mouth. Having a kid is awesome! She cracks me up!
I’ve had a few compliments on my new design scheme..so thanks! It has truly been a labor of love to switch over to a new look and I’m still working on getting stuff organized so bear with me a little bit, there’s only so much time when the bebe is not awake.
My new logo and header is custom hand-lettered by my friend Tony. You can check out more of his amazing work on Instagram and his online portfolio on his website as well. He’s super-talented. Here is an awesome college photo of us together with our friends Cassie and Chris. We had gotten stuck in a rain storm and the guys ran with us back to our dorm (so chivalrous!) and we asked a random stranger to snap a pic.
Ah, those were carefree days. This picture always makes me smile! And yes, while everyone else was wearing sweatpants to college we were loooking good in skirts and ties.
Do you set weekly goals for yourself? If so, what’s a goal you have for yourself this week?
If you strength train do you train total body or lower/upper splits or push/pull? I don’t think there is a wrong way to do it, I’m just curious!