A couple weeks ago I decided to take a break from my Friday Loves posts…but guess what? I missed them! So, at least for now (cause this is MY blog and I do what I want! 😉 ) I am taking a break from taking a break. Make sense? Great!
Inspired by Lilacs–I’m obsessed with lilacs and the color purple. This post is all my dreams come true.
When to Take a Break from Working Out–I took a workout break on Wednesday. I did walk quite a bit and played with Layla but I wasn’t mentally in gear for a workout. So I didn’t. Then I had an awesome run on Thursday morning!
Mother’s Day Gift Guide–I’d take any of these babies! Great choices!
Strawberry Rhubarb Baked Oatmeal–This stuff is scrumptious…just everything that is good in this world.
- New Hair do! My hair is super thick and right now it is weighing me down! I have been digging Ahn Co Tran’s instagram and all the pretty cuts he gives! They seem so doable! Here is a look I love: texturized layers, a soft undercut and light bangs. Cute, huh? The bangs will probably drive me crazy in a day, but I want something new! I’m mulling over some lighter peekaboo highlights.
- A minimized wardrobe: I don’t want to say minimalist, but I have gone through and have a big pile of clothes for a garage sale, stored winter clothes, and put away some clothes that I’m still on the fence about. I tried to make sure that everything I have left “works” together and I can create outfits with easily. I am loving it! I also know what I need to shop for to fill in the gaps I have: a pair of gray sneakers, these sandals, (UPDATE: OMG Target is having a buy 1 get 1 50% off sale so I got a gray pair of knock off converse and those sandals! Yay!) and a chambray shirt are at the top of my list. I’m going to keep my eyes open for some good pieces from ThredUp (my favorite place online to look for quality and gently used clothing!). If you click here and sign up you can get $10 off your first order! You can get some cute stuff for $10! (UPDATE: They are having a 15% off sale for Mothers Day! Use code mamasday15 at checkout–you can combine it with your $10 off! Whee!) Oh and a couple pairs of Old Navy flip-flops…you always need a couple of those for the summer!
- Quality play time with the babe! She is so precious and we are having so much fun on the gorgeous spring days here in Michigan! We like to take walks, visit the beach and go to playgrounds. She is such a lil dear!
- Spark! I am back on the spark train! Spark is basically a healthy energy drink. I like that it gives me a boost of energy that doesn’t feel jittery. And it tastes so good! I like to have 20ish ounces with a scoop in the morning and then like a half a serving in the afternoon around 2:00 when I start dragging.
- Running! I had a beautiful run yesterday morning. I am up to 6 minutes running and 2 minutes walking for 3.1 miles. My running portions are getting fast (for me)–I was averaging right about 10 minute miles for them! Isn’t our lake beautiful? This was right at the end of my out and back route, a perfect little hideaway dock.
Hope you have a great Friday and weekend! Get out and have an adventure, okay!?
What is one thing you’re loving this week?
Do you color your hair? Yes or no on some subtle highlighting for me?