I am a voracious reader. Like one of those people that struggles to go to sleep until the whole book has been read. With that being said I have read a lot of books over the years about healthy living: workout books, diet books, cookbooks, inspirational reads and I thought today I would share some of my favorites with you. I’m linking up to the Jessica and Jill at The Fit Dish today!
This post contains affiliate links.
- Drop Dead Healthy–This book is about a man who spends a year incorporating all the proven health tips. It is hilarious and well worth reading. One thing I learned in it and still do often is the benefits of massaging your own shoulders, neck, feet and hands. Such a small thing, but you don’t need a professional massage to get all the benefits. Of course, if you can convince someone else to give you a massage or spring for an actual one at a spa–even better.
- 100 Days of Real Food–So I probably rave about this book too much, but it is one of my absolutel favorite cookbooks and healthy living combo books. Great info and beautiful pictures! Be sure to check out my full review and just buy this book, okay?!
- Intuitive Eating–It’s so important to set ourselves free from restrictive eating and really dig into the “why” behind our chosen eating habits. This book will help you do just that. I wish I was better at applying the principles, but a great book about listening to your body and releasing the guilt and shame associated with eating.
- Women’s Health Big Book of Exercises–I also probably talk about this book too much, but it is my top workout book and for good reason. Tons of exercises broken down by muscle group so you can make your own workout or modify a workout, plus workouts all built out for you by experts.
- Don’t Panic–Dinner’s In the Freezer–I got this book this summer and it is filled with freezer recipes that actually taste good and aren’t overwhelming to prepare. Although this isn’t a “healthy” cookbook I find the recipes easy to tweak and lighten up and so convenient for my life right now.
Hope you enjoyed this peek at my bookshelf!
What healthy living books have inspired or helped you?
What’s your favorite book? A loaded question for a book-lover! My favorite historic fiction book is A Tale of Two Cities and my favorite recent fiction book is The Kite Runner. Recent favorite non-fiction read is Desperate: Hope for Mom’s Who Need to Breathe.