These sweet peanut butter bites are a delicious and healthy snack. I love that they totally satisfy my craving for a cookie, but have no sugar, gluten or dairy in them! They are a dream come true for folks with food allergies or sensitivities. Basically, they are a date and nut bar rolled into a ball and chilled for easy serving. (I made a similar recipe this winter, Almond Joy Bites which are amazing as well!) Tasty, easy, and made from real food ingredients—these peanut butter bites are right in my sweet spot.
These bites are totally delicious and I love peanuts! They are so good for you too! Peanuts are awesome for healthy eating because…
- Peanuts are high in fiber, healthy fats and protein which helps you stay full and satisfied! (And that’s why I love it for a snack!)
- Studies show those who eat peanuts have a lowered risk of heart disease.
- Peanuts are cheap compared to other nuts!
These peanut butter bites are a great portion-controlled way to eat peanuts (they are high-calorie). I also love that the sweetness in them comes from dates! So no added sugar or extra junk–just real good food in these sweet bites! My daughter Layla ate them up and loves her “cookies”!
- 1 cup dates
- ¾ cup peanuts (if using unsalted add a bit of salt)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Puree dates in food processor until finely chopped and smooth.
- Add peanuts and chop again.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Using cookie dough scoop, form small balls.
- Chill in the freezer for an hour until set. I like to store my bites in the freezer, but they will keep nicely in the refrigerator too.
These peanut butter bites make great on-the-go snack options for busy summer days! I like to freeze mine and then I can throw them in the van or stroller while we are out and about, I swear being in the sun makes me hungry!
Hope you enjoy your weekend and take these bites along with you on your adventures! If you like this post be sure to pin and share it with your friends!
If you like this recipe you may also enjoy…