So today marks the start of my Cize challenge and the continuation of my postpartum weight loss journey. It is honestly MUCH easier to sit back and chill with my workouts and clean eating, but I know if I want to lose my baby weight I have to WORK and work hard. I wish it was easier, but it’s not. The good news is that I love working out and I feel way better when I am eating nutritionally dense foods! The bad news is pizza and ice cream and carb cravings. 😛
My short term goal is to lose 5 pounds by the end of July (when I’m done with Cize)
My longer term goal is to lose 14 pounds (total) by Labor Day. (21 Day Fix round 2!!)
My long term goal is to lose 5 pounds a month until I reach 160-150 pounds (aka pre-Layla weight) by April 14 of next year. (Barrett’s first birthday!)
What are some other health and fitness goals you want to accomplish?
- 3 days a week of Cize; 3 days a week of 21 Day Fix
- Run 2 miles consistently
- Run a 5K this fall
- Run a spring half marathon
What might make it challenging to achieve these goals?
- Weekends away
- Treats at camp
- Getting burnt out
- Finding the right time to workout with baby schedule
What are some actions you will take to overcome any challenges and achieve your goals?
- Plan ahead for weekends away–stay active during them: bring dvds, walk and be outside a lot
- Treat responsibly! Once a week a planned indulgence. Keep other snacky stuff out of the house.
- Workout in the evening after kids are in bed.
- Adjust calories as needed to maintain supply–use fruits, veggies, and protein for cravings, not empty carbs.
I’m going to be following this 21 Day Fix/Cize workout calendar with a bit of running thrown in! I decided to do my own thing a bit with my Cize workouts because I want to keep working with weights and begin doing a bit of running too. I’m never afraid to do my own thing and tweak a program to meet my unique goals. I definitely love the camaraderie and support that I get from my challengers and I’m looking forward to the next 4 weeks of clean eating and workouts!
If you’re interested in being a part of my next online boot camp let me know and I’d love to chat with you about being a part of our group!