This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SamsClubMag #CollectiveBias
We are still in the warmth of summer, but school is starting soon for most folks and thus my heart is already turning to the cooler days of fall…the jeans, the bonfires, the snuggly blankets, crisp leaves, and hot bowls of comforting soup, like this slow cooker lasagna soup.
Lasagna is one of my favorite comfort-foods, but I rarely make it because it seems so labor intensive: boiling the noodles, all the layering–I just don’t mess with it often. But this soup is the perfect lasagna in a bowl. And it’s so simple! Besides browning the meat, you just add the ingredients to the slow cooker and it simmers away while you go about your day, leaving you a bowl of deliciousness just in time for dinner.
This soup pairs great with a Caesar salad and whole wheat garlic toast. It’s also perfect for busy school nights! Just start it in the morning, add the noodles and spinach when you get home and in an hour a healthy and tasty dinner is ready to go!
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons Pizza seasoning (or 2 teaspoons basil and 2 teaspoons oregano)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1½ cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 6 lasagna noodles, broken
- Parmesan-Romano cheese blend for topping
- Brown ground turkey in saucepan.
- Combine ground turkey, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, marinara sauce, diced onion, pizza seasoning, and minced garlic to slow cooker. Stir and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add fresh spinach and lasagna noodles about 1 hour before serving. Cook an additional hour until noodles are al dente and spinach is wilted.
- Top with parmesan-romano blend and serve hot!
- --Leftovers may need to have additional chicken broth or marinara added. The soup absorbs liquid when left too long!--
I picked up most of the ingredients for this delicious slow cooker lasagna soup at Sam’s Club. I got a membership a few months ago and I’m really enjoying shopping for my healthy ingredients there! They have a great selection of fresh produce (like the spinach I used) and organic ingredients (like the canned tomatoes). I also got a great price on lean ground turkey which is one of my staples for healthy eating!
I love how Sam’s Club is committed to helping it’s members learn more about healthy living. In it’s online magazine Healthy Living Made Simple highlighted the benefits superfood spinach (featured in this recipe):
Spinach is a low-calorie, nutrient-dense vegetable that can be incorporated into any meal. The antioxidant compounds act as a natural defense of aging and may help maintain brain function. Not only is spinach rich in vitamins, but it’s also an excellent source of iron…
I also really liked Strength Training vs Cardio Training and another one on Weight Loss Plateaus. You can check out the full magazine here! You can also get a FREE health screening at Sam’s Club Pharmacy for glucose, cholesterol, risk ration, blood pressure, body fat percentage, vision and hearing tests on August 13th! Such an awesome benefit for members!
I’m all about simplifying healthy living! This slow cooker lasagna soup is the perfect example of that–a tasty bowl of it, made with fresh and simple ingredients makes for a great spin on traditional lasagna. Make yourself a bowl of it today!
Which article from Healthy Living Made Simple resonates most with you?
How often do you cook with a slow cooker? Mine’s been out a LOT recently!