It’s been forever since I did a kiddo update! I was so great at doing them Layla’s first year and then kind of dropped them off, but I reference her baby posts a lot so I figured I should write some for Barrett too!
My Barrett boy is over half a year old. Wow. I can hardly believe it! It has gone quickly (especially months four and five!) and he is such a precious little boy!
At 6 Months Barrett…
- Weighs 19 pounds 7 ounces and is 27 inches long.
- Sleeps through the night from 7:30-8:00 give or take an hour. The last month he has woken up a few nights a week hungry, but falls right back asleep when he’s done. Eating baby food at night seems to help with this as well as bumping his feedings up to 7-8 ounces instead of 6-8.
- Sits with support–he is still a little topsy-turvey.
- Drinks 7-8 ounces of formula 4 times a day. We finished breastfeeding right around 5 months; it was hard for me to see my supply dwindle and fade out completely, but Barrett is happy, healthy and well-fed. And I’m trying to focus on the good things about bottle-feeding!
- He has also had sweet potatoes and bananas and LOVES them! He is certainly a hungry little man!
- Has a sweet and happy personality. He likes to lay on his playmat and hold his giraffe.
- He loves watching his sister play
- Loves “flying” up and down, fake sneezes, singing songs, and playing patty cake and peek-a-boo.
- He is wearing 9 month clothing! Oh my goodness! He’s such a dapper fellow.
- During this month Barrett has gone on a girls shopping weekend, played at Gull Meadow Farms, went to the Grand Rapids zoo, and made apple cider in Middlebury.
- Barrett is so happy and chubby people love to talk to him and touch him wherever we go!
At 2 years, 8 months Layla…
- Is 36 inches and (finally!) 30 pounds! She wears 3T, but is definitely on the slender side.
- Is potty training…sort of. 😛 We’ve had some ups and downs and are currently in a down stretch. I’m learning that for Layla this will definitely be a process that will teach mommy patience.
- Loves playing pretend! We play lions, ghost, princesses, and doctor multiple times a day. She loves playing anything “house”–legos are mommies and daddies, so are cups, medicinal syringes! It’s hilarious and adorable!
- Her favorite show is Little Einsteins! She loves the music and we like that she is learning a lot about music from it! Today she identified a clarinet and low and high notes.
- She knows all her shapes, colors, and can count to 15 (if she wants to). Layla is very verbal and chatty!
- Layla is also very adventurous! She loves climbing, playing on playgrounds, and riding her scooter.
- She likes to wear longer tops or dresses since these are “princess dresses”.
- She eats fairly well! Her favorite foods are pizza, tacos, and pancakes. She is learning to like more vegetables, but will eat almost any fruit. She likes eating out too!
- She loves reading books! Right now she likes Blueberries for Sal and Ferdinand a lot! She also loves her Curious George book! I may have hid it because I got sick of reading it. 😛 She can also recite familiar books which is really cute!
Layla and Barrett get along great! She loves him so much and he adores her! Although she doesn’t like it when he reflexively kicks or hits her or grabs at her. We had a “he’s touching me! he’s touching me!” moment recently too which cracked me up and came a little sooner than expected. Our little family is awesome! Having two kids is a lot of fun and I feel like we are fully adjusted to a household of four. Truly each day is a gift!
Love these babes!!