It’s almost the most wonderful time of the year! I’m already excited when I think about Christmas morning and the PURE JOY on my daughter’s face. Finding the perfect gift for your preschooler can be stressful, but I’m here to make it easy with my preschooler gift guide–my favorite picks for this age group AND the top picks from other trusted moms! These are the toys their 2-4 year olds play with the most and that they love for developing imagination, learning, and dexterity in early childhood.
1. Play Kitchen – One of the BEST toys for a preschooler (boy or girl!) that will last and be used almost everyday is a play kitchen! This KidKraft Espresso is beautiful and the brand is quality! Ikea also has the Duktig Play Kitchen which is a little smaller and a little less expensive. The Little Tikes Cook n Learn is a plastic option (easier to assemble!) which looks completely amazing! We are getting our 2 1/2 year old a play kitchen for Christmas! We are almost as excited as her. She loves to help in the kitchen. She already has these Melissa and Doug Stainless Pots and Pans and we will probably get her some pretend food too!
2. Dress-up Clothes – Children’s imaginations are exploding at this age so dress up and pretend presents are perfect! This Medical Kit is perfect for encouraging your young prodigy. This Clinic Toy Vet Set is another option from one of my favorite toy brands B. toys! (Also available at Target!) Princesses and Superheroes are pretty popular choices as well for the imaginative kiddos!
3. Things to Build – Lego Duplos are a great classic toy that encourage fine motor skills and imaginative play! If I had to pick just ONE toy for my preschooler these would be it! Blocks, Lincoln logs, and Magnetic Tiles are other building toys that are popular for this age group!
4. Baby Doll & Stroller – Our little girl has a beautiful Bitty Baby and I don’t regret buying it, because I love American Girl and I trust their quality, my sisters Bitty Babies from the 90s are still in great shape! But be prepared for a minor heart attach if/when your sweet baby draws on her $60 baby doll. (Granted she was 2 when we bought this for her, so for an older preschooler this may be a great choice.) If you are looking for a less expensive option this Brianna doll is super-cute! This Time-To-Eat Feeding Set is helpful for little mommy’s and daddy’s too!
5. Tractors & Trucks – This classic Dump Truck or John Deere Tractor or Case IH Tractor are great choices for the child infatuated with things that go! (Do all little kids love farm equipment or is that just a midwestern thing?) These are top choices for little boys, but Layla happily scoots my old tractors around the house and loves cars and trucks too!
6. Play Dough & Art Supplies – Play dough is one of my new favorite things because my daughter will play with them by herself for 30+ minutes. A genuine miracle. This Play-Doh Starter Kit comes with four colors and tools for cutting and shapes! (Love these for developing fine motor skills!) Kinetic Sand is another awesome choice for the budding artist and come in fun character kits too, like this Frozen one! We go through crayons and coloring/sticker books like crazy so those are always welcome gifts.
7. Kid’s Tablet – We love our Amazon Fire Kids tablet! It has a 2 year covers anything replacement guarantee <<so great for kids! There are lots of fun and educational games, plus watching favorite shows and one year’s access to FreeTime which has thousands of children’s books, games, videos and activities. The Leap Pad Platinum is another well-reviewed tablet for kids if you don’t want to get a full kindle. Educational screen time makes me feel better about screen time–hope I’m not the only one!
From building blocks to baby dolls, tablets to trucks I’m sure you will find something on this list PERFECT for the preschooler in your life!