Hey friends! Can you believe that we are only a couple weeks away from Memorial Day? It’s seriously crazy! Summer is here!
Summer makes me crave big, delicious salads, the more ingredients the merrier! This taco salad with doritos is a twist on a salad my mom brought to many a summer gathering. I just added some more of my favorite taco toppings and swapped out the salad dressing for a another one that caught my eye in the dressing aisle at Meijer. (Am I the only one that spends a looong time picking out salad dressings?)
Anyways, this salad is basically Chipotle level with the corn, black beans, avocado, and cilantro, but then add in Doritos and it’s a game-changer, really.
Taco Salad with Doritos
- 2 hearts of romaine – chopped (or use whatever kind of lettuce you prefer)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or use my DIY Taco Seasoning - 2½ Tablespoons)
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 2 cups sweet corn
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag nacho cheese Doritos
- 1 small bottle southwestern ranch dressing
- Brown the ground beef. Rinse and drain beef. Stir in taco seasoning. Drain beans and add to hamburger mix. When ready to eat, mix all ingredients together. Serve right away or the chips will get soggy.
- This makes a shareable amount but you can also prep all the ingredients and eat it in single servings over the course of a week or so. (Clearly your avocado will not hold, but the other ingredients will be fine!)
This taco salad with doritos has all my favorite taco toppings which is probably why I love it so much! And I rarely (like can’t remember the last time I had them) eat doritos, but they add just the right crunch and flavor, so seriously don’t leave them out!
Be sure to use my Homemade Taco Seasoning in this recipe too! The seasoning is so easy to make and I love having a bunch on hand for tacos, enchiladas, and taco soup! Makes my life seriously so much easier.
Also, here are two delicious examples of the southwest ranch dressing I used! You could also use Western, but I like the southwest-type ranch best! The left dressing, Chili Lime Simply Ranch is from Meijer by Hidden Valley and the right is Chipotle Ranch from Aldi, their store brand!
Speaking of the easy life next week Nate and I are taking off on our “babymoon” to Traverse City! Yay! We haven’t been away together in over a year and a half when we went to Mackinac! Funny thing, I was pregnant than too, but much earlier with Barrett. Since I will be missing out on all the amazing wineries, I’m just going to have to eat my way through Traverse City instead. 😉 We are hoping to kayak, visit sleeping bear dunes, hike and bike while we are up there! If you have any activity or restaurant recommendations we’d love them!
Do you have seasonal food cravings, or is this just the pregnancy?
When was your last vacation?
To make this recipe you might need…
Pampered Chef Mix N Chop – This is seriously life changing if you cook often with ground beef or turkey, it dices the meat up fine with little effort! Love mine! Buy one for someone you know getting married this summer!