I am often reminded that the simplest recipes are the best. This Raspberry Sun Tea recipe is so easy that I hesitate to call it a recipe, but we all start somewhere and if you don’t know how to make raspberry tea (sweet or unsweet!) you can learn today!
Iced tea in the summer makes me think of my parents house, they are always well-stocked on a variety of iced tea. I love the way it makes ice crackle as you pour it in the glass. This Raspberry Sun Tea is perfect for a hot summer day. It pairs well with porch sitting, freshly mown grass, and kids running in the sprinkler.
- 6 bags black tea
- 2 bags raspberry tea (I used Celestial Seasoning's Raspberry Zinger tea)
- 1 Gallon pitcher of water
- Place all the tea bags into a gallon of water, thoroughly wetting the tea bags and leaving the strings out, if there are any. Place in sunny spot for 1 hour. Chill or serve immediately over ice.
I prefer my tea unsweet, but I happened to marry a man who loves sweet tea. He doesn’t like to much “messing” with his tea, so I always make his plain, but if you want to make this raspberry tea sweet here’s how you would do that:
- Place black and raspberry tea bags in 4 cup measuring bowl. Either pour 4 cups of boiling water over tea bags or microwave tea and 4 cups cold water for approximately 5 minutes (you want the water to be hot, right about boiling, but you don’t have to be too fussy about it).
- Let tea stand for 3 minutes. Pour tea concentrate into gallon pitcher.
- Add 1-1 1/2 cup sugar, depending on how sweet you like your tea. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add cold water to fill the pitcher, stirring as you go.
Making it sweet is a little bit more complicated than the super-easy unsweet sun tea, but still not hard at all, especially if you love someone who loves sweet tea.
Love conquerors all. Even the gap between the sweet and unsweet tea lovers.
Also, if you want to make a different variety of tea, just sub out the raspberry tea bags for whatever suits your fancy. Mint and peach are two of my other favorites!
Hope you all enjoy sitting down with this delicious raspberry sun tea! If you’re looking for some other delicious summer recipes be sure to check out my Bacon Avocado Burgers and Honey Lime Fruit Salad -they’d pair great with this tea!
Thanks, as always, for reading! Enjoy your day!
To make this recipe you may need…
A pretty glass pitcher for serving your tea!
Have you seen these spherical ice cubes! So fancy! And according to reviews keep your beverage extra cool longer. Also, seen them MUCH pricier other places, with current coupon they are $7!
Also, once you use your fancy ice cubes, you can use your extra-fancy redneck or hipster (depending on how you look at it!) mason jar glasses. I have a plain and ones with handles and I love them because they are sturdy, easy to grasp, and hold a lot of liquid. And I don’t cry if one breaks.